Alfalfa sprouts are an excellent source of Vitamin K, copper, and manganese. Typically the most common grocery store sprout, Alfalfa Sprouts can add texture and fiber to any sandwich or salad.
Sunny Creek Farm performs a rigorous visual inspection involving blacklighting the seeds after they arrive to identify any visible damage or potential contamination to the seed bags. Seeds are dated, labeled, and organized by intake date, so you can always expect the freshest seeds available from Sunny Creek.
** Alfalfa sprout seeds have undergone Caudill Sprouting, LLC’s proprietary seed treatment system “Safety Seed™”, that uses extended heat treatment to reduce the viability of pathogens without significantly affecting germination rates.
For use in an AquaTree®:
- Fill AquaTree® tank to fill line and turn on
- Add saturated MauMat® to AquaTree® trays
- Add 1 tbsp of Sunny Creek Farm alfalfa sprout seeds to the MauMat® , ensuring that the seeds are evenly distributed, and 1/2″ inside from the edge of the mat.
- Keep seeds in AquaTree® tray for about 7 days to sprout.
- Turn off AquaTree® for 15 minutes to allow water to drain before harvesting
- Remove sprouts, rinse them with cold water, and store in an air-tight container for up to a few days
In order to purchase more MauMats®, please click this link: